Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Can't here audio on pc dvd-rom or drd-rw HELP

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Can't here audio on pc dvd-rom or drd-rw HELP

Old 04-08-06, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't hear audio on pc dvd-rom or drd-rw HELP

I need some help. It's probably something simple but I'm not sure what to do. When I play any DVD on my PC I can't hear any sound. What I don't understand is that I can hear sound when I play a CD and any other sounds from the PC. I've tried using my DVD-ROM and my DVD-RW and neither of them will play sound with a DVD. I'm using Windows XP PRO with Windows Media Player. If anyone knows how I can fix this please respond. If you need more info let me know. Thank You

Last edited by koby2270; 04-09-06 at 10:00 AM.
Old 04-11-06, 04:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What DVD player are you using, and does your speaker set have optical/coaxial input?

The possibility in your case is that you set your DVD Player to stream the audio signal directly to the speaker without converting it to analog first.
Old 04-11-06, 07:54 AM
Suspended

You probably need an .ac3 codec. Try playing the DVD with Media Player Classic or VideoLanPLayer and see if you hear teh DVD. If you can, you know that was the problem.