Memories On TV Sync Problem...

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 02-19-06, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all,

I normally use Adobe Premiere when I am doing slideshows, video, etc because of how specific you can get with timing, placement, etc. When I am looking for a quick fix, I use MemoriesOnTV which works beautifully for "less advanced" projects.

However, for my current project I need to have one crucial timing point. I have a song with 60 seconds of an intro, and when the music picks up, I have a transition that goes with the beat of the music, and then the rest of the slideshow continues.

I am working in TIMELINE view and have the entire video on AutoSync. I have a video that plays in the beginning of the slideshow that lasts 17 seconds. I simply added 17 seconds of silence to the beginning of the song to make up for this. Then I went ahead and timed all of the beginning intro photos to 1.41 seconds each, and when I preview in timeline view, it's perfectly in sync.

However, when I compile the video and watch it (output to mpeg to test) it's off by about one second. Are there any tips or tricks to work around this?

I also found that as I add more pictures to the tail end of this slideshow, I find myself tweaking the timed intro point by a few 10ths of a second either way to get it back into sync. That's before I output to video -- which, as mentioned above, takes it about a second out of whack...

I have an AMD 64 3000+, 512 Mb of mem. and a 32 meg Video card if that info is necessary...

Thanks in advance for your help,

Matt