Reload this Page >

Itunes problem: error 2122

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 02-19-06, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys..

Since apple was absolutely NO help what so ever, I thought I would come crawling to you.

I have had an ipod and itunes for a couple years now. I always did ALL by music burning through itunes.

About 5 or 6 "updates" ago (I think its when it turned into itunes 6) I started having major problem burning. Every single time I went to burn it would immediately kick out my blank CD and ERROR 2122 would pop up. Regardless if I was trying to burn music I ripped myself or stuff I bought from itunes.

This has been going on for a LONG time (a matter of months) and I am at my wits end. In another forum I found quite a few other people asking the same question and having the same problem i did (and the strange part is EVERYONE else that had this problem and devoloped the problem the same time I did all have DELL computers as do I) and they posted that they did 4 things to fix the problem.

1. Upgrade bios (I did that)
2. Upgrade Intel chipset (I did that)
3. Make sure you have the newest firmware for your burner (I did that)
4. Uninstall Itunes and reinstall using newest version (I did that too)

After I did all of this I STILL get that darn 2122 error and I am not being allowed to do ANY burning what so ever.

Any fellow ipod users want to put me out of my misery?
Old 02-19-06, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My suggestion would be to start using a different program(http://www.versiontracker.com/php/se...indows&x=0&y=0) to rip your CDs and then find a different program(http://www.ephpod.com/ or other) to load them onto your iPod.
Old 02-19-06, 03:58 PM

I used to have that same problem when I tried burning. After a few tweaks (upgrading firmware, cleaning CDR Drive, etc.) I just became to frustrated and bought anew DVD-R Drive. Now I have no problems whatsoever. It maybe your drive is on the fritz. How old is your drive?
Old 02-19-06, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by pelenor
I used to have that same problem when I tried burning. After a few tweaks (upgrading firmware, cleaning CDR Drive, etc.) I just became to frustrated and bought anew DVD-R Drive. Now I have no problems whatsoever. It maybe your drive is on the fritz. How old is your drive?

Its less than a year old.

I have a Micro Advantage dual layer dvd/cd burner that works VERY WELL. When I use nero for both cd or dvd its perfect. Easy cd creator works great with it, dvd shrink works great with it, its only ITUNES that gives me the problem......

You want to know something interesting though? I started looking around micro advantages site and they appear to be out of business.....Thats new to me. Anyone know anything about that? http://www.microadvantage.net/support/index.php?class=2

I was trying to find my dvd burner on thier site to show you, but like I said they appear to be dead, so I found one on ebay....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8743843410
Old 03-18-06, 01:15 PM

UPDATE:

As I mentioned above, this problem has been going on for MANY months. Just thought I would let you know that after they released the newest version of ITUNES (6.0.4) and as soon as I installed it, I can now burn up a storm!!!!!
Old 10-22-08, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Thanks for sharing insight on a 2 year old problem Linda.