Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Hosting mp3's?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Hosting mp3's?

Old 01-25-06, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hosting mp3's?

I'm trying to figure out a way to play an MP3 I have by placing it on somone's site. For example, let's say I want to add a comment on someone's myspace. I can insert a picture with some basic HTML. I host the picture on Photobucket, and just place the tag in the comment so the picture shows. Is there a similar way to do the same thing with an mp3 or wav file so that when they load their page, the song will automatically play? Hope you guys can figure out what I'm trying to do here.
Old 01-25-06, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can add the tag bgsound src="insert path to sound file between the quotes" loop="-1" to your heading section (put the < in front of bgsound and the > after the last "). Put the number of times you want the sound to loop in between those quotes (-1 is infinite loop). I've only used it with wav/midi files so I'm not sure if works with MP3 files.

Last edited by matome; 01-25-06 at 01:18 PM.
Old 01-25-06, 01:40 PM

Thanks. I tried that, but it doesn't seem to work. I hosted the file on geocities. Perhaps they won't let me stream it from them? The tag I used is bgsound src="http://www.geocities.com/lasrredcat/blueoyster.WMA" loop="-9"

with the < at the beginning and the > at the end.
Old 01-26-06, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You just need to add more cowbell