Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Need Maxtor/Dantz Retrospective help

Old 01-02-06, 10:35 AM

Need Maxtor/Dantz Retrospective help

I've been using my Maxtor 200Gb One Touch II external HD w/Dantz Retrospective for backups without problems for about 3-4 months now. So last night, I plug it in to my laptop for a weekly backup. Normally, I get the 'do you want to register' window which I skip and next it tells me how many restart points there are do I want to do a backup or restore and then go on to start a backup. Last night, no registration window and it tells me there are 0 restart points and says "Updating status..." I can't do anything at this point. Clicking Setup does nothing, Restore is greyed out. Something got corrupted I'm guessing but what?

Looking at the drive and folders from Windows Explorer, it looks like all the restart points are there. I never looked too before closely but it seems fine.

I've tried removing and reinstalling the Restrospective s/w but no luck.
Any ideas or suggestions?
Old 01-02-06, 12:10 PM

Problem solved: I went to the Maxtor site and found a s/w upgrade for Retrospective Express in the their download section. I installed it and all is well again. Yea, for me.