Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

new laptop...trying to figure out how to connect to my internet

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 01-01-06, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

My dad got a laptop for christmas, and i am trying to figure out how to connect to my wireless network. I had a friend set up my encryption, and i have seen him get the info from my pc to enter the 40+ digit code into his laptop, but i cant seem to figure out how to find that code for my dad. It is starting to piss me off. He is away for a few more days so I don't want to wait for him. Can anyone tell me where to find the encryption code on my PC to enter it into my dad's laptop?
Old 01-01-06, 01:14 AM

That code would only be visible on your pc if your friend saved it as a text file or something. (I'm assuming you are using XP) XP doesn't just save the code somewhere for you to pull up, it would be too easy for someone to steal it. So, if your friend pulled it up on your computer, try doing a search for the most recent text files saved. (*.txt , *.rtf etc) There are ways to find out the code but.. this is DVDTalk