Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Weird DVD Problem - Help Please

Old 12-22-05, 09:37 PM

Weird DVD Problem - Help Please

Hey

I have NEC DVD burner on my computer, so does my brother on his computer. I got this dvd from a shop in the city, and when I put it in the first time it worked, but the second time I put it in it never got detected. Same thing happened when I put it in my brother's computer: 1st time it worked, after that never. I tried my dvd player to check, and guess what? same thing. I have no clue whats causing this. I would go back to return it but it will cost me 20$ of gas money because shop was in the city (queens). I tried some software like DVD X Utilities, but it wont work because the disc never gets detected. When I pop in the disc, I just see the green light on the burner trying to detect it for 3 mins after that the light goes. Is this some sort of messed up encryption system or what, because the disc itself is perfect (no scratches, etc). Someone help me please. Thanks
Old 12-22-05, 09:39 PM
X
Administrator

Is this a commercial, studio-produced DVD or something the shop or someone copied onto a DVD?
Old 12-22-05, 10:02 PM

I'm not sure, I think its burned by someone. I mean its not a hollywood movie, its not made my professional studios. By the way, I put it in my DVD player just now and it worked again. This is so weird.
Old 12-22-05, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by IT-Pro
I'm not sure, I think its burned by someone. I mean its not a hollywood movie, its not made my professional studios. By the way, I put it in my DVD player just now and it worked again. This is so weird.
sounds like your dvd burner is in need of a firmware update. depending on the type of media, your burner may be having trouble trying to figure it out. the firmware upgrade should fix it