Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Microsoft Access, Outlook, VBA, and snapshot format reports

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 12-17-05, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Iíve programmed some databases for work using VBA and Access. There are reports generated that the end-user is able to email to management for review. The output format I use is snapshot because for some reason list tables do not show up when the output format is rich-text format, html, or plain text (the last of which I can understand). While the report looks great in snapshot format, we are having issues with it attaching the report that was previously sent. However, if I open the database and open the report it has the correct information. For some reason the database seems to be pulling a cached version when it is launching the email message and attaching it. So when Tuesday's report is supposed to be sent it is attaching Monday's. The report is driven off temporary tables that are flushed each time the report is run. If you look in the table the previous information is gone and only the new information is there. So it has to be a cached copy of the report. Iíve scoured the Internet for anyone reporting similar problems/solutions and havenít found anything.
Old 12-17-05, 05:58 PM

Try and do a compact and repair on the database before sending the report. Far shot, but you never know.
Old 12-18-05, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've tried that, as well, but it didn't work. Thanks for your reply.