Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Samsung DVD L1200-what will it read!!

Old 12-12-05, 05:13 PM

Samsung DVD L1200-what will it read!!

We need help badly! Just bought a Samsung DVDL1200 for a very elderly lady whose grandchildren and great grandchildren make DVD's etc. for her. She is afraid of a regular computer, but this looks a bit like a record player so we hope she will use it.

BUT - not all DVD's work easily on the player. PLEASE - does anyone know of any software I can buy, beg, download that we can all use to produce DVD's for her to enjoy. We can tweak some programs, but she would NEVER try that - even to play something. Commercial DVD's drop in and play. So do TIVO fed DVD's from our TV. But they do not mean much to her. ((Please - think Christmas and help us if you can.))
KK
Old 12-12-05, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If you're talking about copying commercial DVD's then we don't talk about that. If not, make sure they burn on good quality DVD's and not the 300 for $10 ones. I have the 10" version of that Samsung player which is older than the 12" and it plays all discs including burned ones (I use only TDK, Verbatim and Fuji's from the weekly Best Buy sales).