Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Looking for tablet pc, any recommendations

Old 12-12-05, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Looking for tablet pc, any recommendations

Hello
Been looking to add some tablet pcs. Any thoughts on them? The only problem I can see for myself personally that I won't like stepping down from my 19 inch dell laptop. Any thoughts? These will be used by field sales people.
Old 12-12-05, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I highly recommend them. I have the Toshiba Tecra M4 and my productivity at work has gone up tremendously. It's great for presenations and the millions of things you have to keep track of for sales people or managers like myself.
Old 12-12-05, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

give s\me some ideas on how you use yours if u don't mind?
Old 12-12-05, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I use a program called MidManager which is a mind mapping program and has special features for tablet PC. I use it almost every day for brain storming and problem solving with my team http://www.mindjet.com/eu/

There is a program that came with mine called Microsoft OneNote which is like carrying a notebook with different organisational tabs. You can write text there and then do character recognition. It's a very nice program.

There are enhancements for Outlook and Word that allows you to write in an email or word doc. I use it a lot to annotate documents which is a lot faster than typing notes.

I can write much faster than I type so if you write legibly you can do one touch of a button and do character recognition, it's quite good.

I also do a lot of grapich design so this really comes in handy. It's not as great as an actual graphics tablet as far as pressure recognition and such. However it's been great for vector graphics and Flash.

My desk used to be cluttered with small bits of paper that I would write notes on and later put in my sprial journal. Now I just write everything in the tablet.

Plus as I said it's a convertable and a great laptop too so if I need to type something I can. One thing I like is when I am in a meeting and I need to show everyone something I can just turn the screen 180 degrees opposite me and they can see whats going on.