Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Manufacturers Warranty on LCD monitor

Old 12-12-05, 12:29 AM

Manufacturers Warranty on LCD monitor

I don't know what section this should go in but since it deals with a computer monitor I am putting it here.

I have a Benq FP737s-D 17" LCD monitor. I bought it from Staples in May of this year. About three days ago I came back from the living room to find my computer at a black screen. The green 'ON' light was still on and I thought maybe my power settings got changed some how but that wasn't that case. Anyways it seems to do it randomly where it just goes to the black screen and I have to turn the monitor off then back on to get it to work again.

Anyways since I bought t his monitor we moved and I have gotten rid of the box and can't seem to find the receipt for the monitor.

I went to Benq's website and it says:

LCD monitors
Three (3) years parts, labor, and LCD back light from purchase date.
Advance refurbished replacement unit** will be shipped via 48-hour courier by the following business day after an RMA
number is issued for the first year. (The only exception to the 48-hour rule is no deliveries on Saturdays, Sundays, or
holidays and shipments to certain remote areas may be delayed due to the shipper's practices.)
BenQ will pay for both ways shipping in the first year.
A refurbished replacement unit** will be shipped via 48-hour courier by the following business day after BenQ has
received the defective unit during the second and third year. (The only exception to the 48-hour rule is no deliveries on
Saturdays, Sundays, or holidays and shipments to certain remote areas may be delayed due to the shipper's practices.)
Each party will pay for one-way shipping in the second and third years.

On the back of the monitor it says it was manufactured in February of 2005. So how do these manufacturer warranties usually work? Do I need my receipt to get anything done or am I screwed?

If you need any more info let me know

Chad
Old 12-12-05, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Usually you need proof of purchase (the receipt). I would call them and see what they will do:

BenQ America Corp.
53 Discovery
Irvine, CA, 92618
United States
Fax: 949.255.9600

Customer Service: