Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Photo Sharing?

Old 12-06-05, 10:07 AM

Photo Sharing?

I have a temporary need to upload and share about 150mb of pics. I need to be able to upload them into an album or albums which will display thumbnails of the pics, from which a viewer can pick pictures to view full size and download the originial image. The viewer will not be downloading many of them, but I want her to have the opportunity to view and select what she wants.

I've looked at Flickr and that would fit the bill, but right now, I'm not sure I'm going to be a regular uploader and sharer of photos and don't want to pay $25 to get the amount of upload bandwidth I would need at Flickr.

Are there any sites that fit the bill and cost less than $10 or are free (yeah, right)?
Old 12-06-05, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by jack999
I have a temporary need to upload and share about 150mb of pics. I need to be able to upload them into an album or albums which will display thumbnails of the pics, from which a viewer can pick pictures to view full size and download the originial image. The viewer will not be downloading many of them, but I want her to have the opportunity to view and select what she wants.

I've looked at Flickr and that would fit the bill, but right now, I'm not sure I'm going to be a regular uploader and sharer of photos and don't want to pay $25 to get the amount of upload bandwidth I would need at Flickr.

Are there any sites that fit the bill and cost less than $10 or are free (yeah, right)?
I always reccomend photobucket www.photobucket.com but I'm not sure how much storage you get......but it's a lot.

Also, try image station www.imagestation.com (by Sony) they offer unlimited storage but I'm not sure if they resize your photos or not - definitely worth a look though.