Reload this Page >

Konica Minolta 1350W and HP JetDirect 170X

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 10-23-05, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all! Just pulled my 1350W out of the box from a few years back when I got it for ~$20 from a deal at fatwallet. At the time I got it there was a debate whether or not it would work with a print server (specifically a 170x HP), turns out it did, but there was a few settings you had to change and you had to do things in a specific way to get it to work if I remember correctly. Thing is that I cant rememer what it was. I did Have it working but threw the printer back in the box because I was still using my 6L. The 6L is dead and I would like to use the 1350W with the HP JetDirect 170X. Anyone remeber or are using a HP JetDirect with a 1350W that could jog my memory?

Thanks a Bunch!

jon
Old 02-06-07, 07:07 PM

HP JetDirect on Minolta 1350W

Jon,

Wondering if you could dig deap and remember how you got the 1350W to work with your HP 170x print server. I am trying to get mine to work with little success. Was hooked to an Hp1100 but was time to open the box and use the Minolta.

Thanks,
Ken
Old 02-06-07, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I know I definetly had to uncheck "bi-directional support" and install driver only, not the printer monitoring crap that comes with it.

Edit, a post i found on fatwallet

Date Posted: Oct/08/2005 11:09 AM
Posted By: scoot

I'm using it on a parallel print server in a home office environment you just can't use it very well. Do not utilize the printer monitor software that comes with the printer. Disable it from starting up. Turn off bidirectional print on the ports tab. That's what prevents it from printing since it wants to communicate back and forth. The problem is if you send more than 1 print job at a time it's going to mess up. For me it's not an issue since I'm the only one really using it.

Last edited by habers; 02-06-07 at 07:55 PM.
Old 02-07-07, 09:09 AM

I called Minolta and they recommend the Konica Minolta (2600765-100) Print Server. The HP 170x does not give me any options on the parallel port and I think that's my problem. Since I'm printing to an IP print server (in a home office), I have to rely on the print server for the printer communications. I'll fiddle with it some more and post if I have any success. Was looking at the Netgear parallel port print server as it has more flexibility but it may be simpler to take the Minolta recommendation. Thanks, Ken