Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Do Any B&M Stores Carry iSkins?

Old 09-18-05, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Do Any B&M Stores Carry iSkins?

Got my 60GB iPod last week and immediately began a search for a suitable skin. Since I got the less common size, I'm finding it tough to find a skin in stores that'll fit it. The guy at BB told me that the 20GB skin would fit it, so I blindly bought it. It fits, but you can tell it's not the correct size. So does anyone know if there are iSkins or at least skins for 60GB iPods available at any B&M stores? FYI, I don't have an Apple Store nearby or I'd check that out.
Old 09-19-05, 04:47 AM

#1. Never listen to a Best Buy employee. My mom knows more about ipods than they do.

I would recommend going to iskin.com and buying it there. They have as better choice of colors and you get the extra case and wheel cover. Shipping is a little high but it is worth it.
Old 09-19-05, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The 20GB is not the correct size. I have a 60GB iPod and an iSkin. You should order from the website as mentioned above to get the correct case.

Stores do sell iSkins, my wife bought one to go along with her 6GB iPod mini yesterday at Target, but none seem to carry the 60GB size.
Old 09-19-05, 05:14 PM

i've had one for about a year, and if you're just looking to help preserve the chrome side don't get one. little specks of dirt get caught under the holes in it and chafe the backside of the ipod, causing specks and scratches. what i would do if i had to do it again would be put some packaging tape on the backside prior to ever putting on the iskin.