Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Bluetooth questions.

Old 09-05-05, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Bluetooth questions.

I'm finally getting on the Bluetooth bandwagon because I'm sick and tired of cables.

I found a USB to Bluetooth printer adapter. However, I still have a scanner that I'd like to connect via Bluetooth. Is this product available (a non-printer USB to Bluetooth adapter)?

Also, I have an all-in-one scanner/copier/printer and a regular printer. Will the printer adapter work with the scanner in the all-in-one? (I also have a standalone scanner).

Any suggestions for cheap Bluetooth headsets? I'm looking for three: for the computer, for the iPod, and for a Sony Ericsson T610 (T-Mobile).

Thanks!
Old 09-05-05, 04:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
I found a USB to Bluetooth printer adapter. However, I still have a scanner that I'd like to connect via Bluetooth. Is this product available (a non-printer USB to Bluetooth adapter)?

Also, I have an all-in-one scanner/copier/printer and a regular printer. Will the printer adapter work with the scanner in the all-in-one? (I also have a standalone scanner).
Ehhh.. not to my knowledge. Bluetooth printing is done via the Bluetooth Hardcopy Cable Protocol, but I'm not aware of any protocol to support scanning devices. One could be feasibly made using the digital camera protocol, I suppose, but I don't think any exist.

The thing will probably work with your all-in-one printer, but probably only for printing.