Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Powerdvd 6.0 Deluxe Version Question

Old 08-27-05, 12:50 AM

Powerdvd 6.0 Deluxe Version Question

I inserted the Eagles dvd into my laptop and selected the DTS soundtrack but got no sound. However, when I switched the PCM soundtrack - it worked just fine. Any suggestions?
Old 08-28-05, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Not sure since I still use version 5 but it might be disabled if version 6 came with your computer or is an oem version. The version 5 I have when you click on configuration, audio and it lets you configure what is offered and says you can upgrade the audio features for a price.

http://www.gocyberlink.com/multi/pro...are_1_ENU.html

It should do DTS decoding if you have the deluxe version of 6. Probably just need to cofigure it, I guess.

Last edited by ernestrp; 08-28-05 at 06:21 PM.
Old 08-28-05, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

How were you listening to the audio? Did you have it connected from a S/PDIF output on your laptop to a DTS-capable receiver or decoder? If you were listening to it on the laptop speakers or some other pair of stereo speakers connected to it, it may be that the program isn't capable of downmixing a DTS track to 2-channel; it has to be passed through the digital output to a DTS decoder. The DVD specs require that players are capable of downmixing Dolby Digital, but there's no such requirement for DTS.