Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Problems with Google Desktop (opening links)

Old 08-26-05, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Problems with Google Desktop (opening links)

I've installed google desktop 2.0 (beta) and have been having some difficulties opening links from web clips and quick view. In Web Clips I've tried clicking the note once, then trying to click the open bar, I've tried doubling clicking the note, but each time, it states
"unable to open http://xxxxxx"
"If this is a file it may have been deleted, renamed or moved to a new location"

My work PC is fine, but my home laptop throws these errors every time. I tried uninstalling google desktop and reinstalling, but that didn't work either. When I try to open the Preferences window and index status, that doesn't work either. It seems to be everything that is related to opening something in a browser. I'm not sure what to change in the registry if that's what I should be changing. I've browsed google, and searched and have been unable to find any help. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
Old 08-26-05, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

For some reason, this is one program really screws with my registry. I had to reinstall XP Pro about a few weeks ago.