Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

I need help Camcorder help

Old 08-24-05, 08:19 PM

I need help Camcorder help

Hey I just bought jvc GR-DVL920 and i didnt get the usb driver for anyone have it or know where i could get it??
Old 08-24-05, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I dont think you need any USB driver, just on the camcorder and connect it with the USB cabloe to the PC.It will detect it.And use whatever software that you have in your PC to connect to the camcorder.even the Microsoft Free movie maker software can be used.
Old 08-25-05, 06:15 AM

umm i tried that all my win xp will recognise is the memory card on it so i cant capture anythin from my tapes and jvc say u have to have the driver for it to work
Old 08-25-05, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Why not you try calling JVC for help.I am sure the tech support will help you more better.Cause I have Canon Camcorder and I just plug it to my computer witn Win Xp and it reconizes is automatically.if you need driver I am sure they are available for download somewhere or maybe the JV support can help you
Old 08-26-05, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

USB is not the way to transfer video to your PC. You need to use the IEEE1394 firewire port on your camcorder. This is the only way to get a high quality video transfer used for editing and making movies. Now if your using the USB for live streaming then thats different.

But like others said you just need to connect it to your PC and your PC should recognize it.