Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Can someone recommend an MP3 tag editor that can do this...

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 08-22-05, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I recently installed a new Alpine stereo in my car, along with the iPod interface. The stereo has a really nice bio display of some sort, and can display a ton of info on the screen at once. In reality, though, it has been programmed by morons, and none of the display options work for me. There's only 1 display option that shows a CLOCK, and when you use that option, the only ipod specific MP3 info you get is song title.

This drives me nuts, but I have to have the CLOCK showing in my car. When I put my ipod on random, these songs come on, and i have no idea who the hell the song is by.

Sooo... what I'm thinking of doing, is editing all my MP3s so that the "title" tag has this: "Artist / Song Title" That way, I can see the clock, artist, and song title all at once.

What I'm looking for, is a program that will edit all my MP3s and edit the title tag accordingly, and be smart enough to remember it did it, so when I run the program again later (to pick up new MP3s) it doesn't redo titles it already fixed. Any ideas?

(btw, I don't recommend the Alpine to anyone. The iPod interface blows!)
Old 08-22-05, 01:44 PM
lxl

I usually use foobar2000's masstagger feature to do this.
Old 08-22-05, 01:53 PM
Banned

foobar's masstagger is the only way I know to do this sort of thing. The Godfather might be able to do it via a scripting method.
Old 08-22-05, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ID3-TagIT does this nicely. It is one of the most versatile taggers I've tried, and it is also quite fast once you learn the keyboard shortcuts.

Just move the artist and song title tags to the filename, and then move the filename to the song title tag.