Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

letterhead in MS Word - make it all a single image?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 08-16-05, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our office has some letterhead forms that people use as a template for their documents (it's a lot cheaper than using pre-printed letterhead paper). It involves several small graphics and some text. For some reason the boss wants to change it so it is just one single image, but I'm not sure how to do that and maintain the image quality.

I tried making it a header, but that makes it appear on every page (is there some way to have a header appear on just the first page?)

I tried printing it and scanning it, then pasting that image, but it looks like crap. I also tried taking a screenshot, pasting it into Paint, and then pasting that image into a Word document. It looks kind of okay on the screen, but it looks bad when you print it.

So is there some other way to do it? It definitely can't involve any printing or scanning -- it'll have to be all digital, or else it'll lose the image quality. Is there another way that I'm missing to make those graphics and text be one single image?

I know it's completely retarded that he wants this, but what are you gonna do?
Old 08-16-05, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What are the images and text? What I am getting at is can you pull the images into photoshop and recreate the text and save it as a jpg or tif? What resolution did you scan at?

One thing you can do is group the images and text within word. That would at least create one movable image.
Old 08-17-05, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Professor Frink

I tried making it a header, but that makes it appear on every page (is there some way to have a header appear on just the first page?)

What version of Word are you using?
Old 08-17-05, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Professor Frink

Originally Posted by yashan
What version of Word are you using?
In Word 2003, click File --> Page Setup. Select the third tab, 'Layout.' Under the 'Headers and Footers' section, check the box that says, 'Different first page.'

It should be similar for the other versions of Word also.