Reload this Page >

PowerDVD screen capture problem

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 08-01-05, 01:15 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So i'm doing some screen grabs from PowerDVD and they're coming out a bit squished, for lack of a better term. It looks like they're either being pushed in from the top and bottom when I view them or being stretched from the left and right. Essentially, it's looking 16x9 when I view them when the material is 4x3. Any particular reason why this is happening?
Old 08-01-05, 03:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Go to Configuration, Player Settings, Advanced and then Snapshot. There's a "Capture Aspect Ratio" menu on the bottom. Select "current video windows size."

I hope that helps.
Old 08-01-05, 09:50 AM
Banned

Sweetness. I'll have to try that tonight when I get home.

Thanks!
Old 08-02-05, 12:09 AM
Banned

Great. That worked with the aspect ratio. Should I always keep it "full screen" when I do the capture? What about max resolution?

Last edited by digitalfreaknyc; 08-02-05 at 12:55 AM.
Old 08-02-05, 02:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think you can do screen capture when it's not in full screen mode as long as you checked the "keep aspect ratio" options.

I'm not sure about maximum resolution but since most DVDs are on NTSC format you won't get any significant image quality improvement. But from what I tried, I got a pretty decent picture quality when I capture snapshot on fullscreen.
Old 08-02-05, 11:44 AM
Banned

well..i did some stuff last night and if it was half the screen size, the resolution was significantly lower than when i did it in full screen. The most you could do is 2000x1500 i believe so I might just do the project over tonight at that resolution.
Old 08-19-05, 06:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Since this thread is recent, I guess I will use this instead of starting a new one. My version of PowerDVD (came with my Dell) doesn't have the Advance options. So how the heck do I take a screengrab with this thing?
Old 08-19-05, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I believe some OEM version disable the screen capture feature, but it has been a long time since I use one, so I'm not sure. Check whether you can press the camera button on the player.