Reload this Page >

Car stereo with DVD vs. CD-R only?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 07-26-05, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thinking of switching out my factory installed CD player (which sounds fine) for something that can play MP3s in random order. Just curious if there is any difference in playback with DVDs filled with Mp3s compared to a CD-R with Mp3s? For example, is there a longer lag maybe between songs in random/mix order? I don't care to have an in-car DVD player to watch movies... just for playing music.
Old 07-26-05, 07:26 PM

Can this unit actually read DVDs? I am not aware of any that can but do not have a monitor attached to it.
Old 07-26-05, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Gasspasser
Can this unit actually read DVDs? I am not aware of any that can but do not have a monitor attached to it.
That's a good question and I'm not 100% sure about it, but I do think there are some car players that support Mp3 playback on DVD. I don't really care anymore because after posting this morning I went out and installed a regular CD-R supported player in my car. I'm all about the "jukebox"!
Old 07-26-05, 09:47 PM

just couldnt wait eh....
Old 07-28-05, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
To not let this thread go to waste...are there any CD decks that support mp3 on DVD's. I have been so spoiled with using DVDs for everything.

I can't believe I am actually not satified with fitting four or five CD's onto one CD anymore. I can't imagine having to tote my CDs around any more.