Super CD+G and DVD Player compatibility

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 07-22-05, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all,

I have a 2 year old Daewoo DVD Player (I will post the model later). The main reason I got it was that it plays CD+G Karaoke discs flawlessly!

Now, with the recent populatity of Super CD+G's (which is like a cd+g, but it's on a DVD) i have a few questions....

Is there a chance that my player will ALSO play these new Super CD+G dvd's? I mean, i believe the format of these discs is simply the .mp3 plus graphic file combined into a .bin, .cue, etc. Now since the player plays mp3's as well as CD+G, i was hoping that it may actually play the new Super CD+G. Was i correct about the format? Is it simply the mp3+g files on a dvd?

I know I can get a free player for the laptop and do it this way with no problem, but i was just curious about actually using a settop dvd player...

Thanks,

Matt