Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Can I create a portable fillable pdf form?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 04-27-05, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to scan an existing real estate purchase agreement and create a fillable pdf form file from it, that can be saved to a thumb drive.

This would allow me to fill out a purchase agreement from any computer with a usb port.

Is this possible? How would I do this and which software would I need?

I've been a long time owner/user of OmniForm 3.0. It has worked well for filling out contracts but ties me to my office to do so as it's in a proprietary format.

Thank you!

Sonic
Old 04-27-05, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I know you can do it with the full version of adobe acrobat, you can fill in the form with reader(the free one), but cant save it with reader. The full one you can obviously do everythhing
Old 04-27-05, 09:09 PM

Thanks, but I was hoping for a more affordable option than Adobe.
Old 05-10-05, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
CutePDF has FormMax which is $89. I have never used it.

There's also PDF-Forms which is also a free trial and costs $29. Also, have never used it.

What about creating an Excel or Word file that will fill all that stuff in for you? Do you need it in PDF?
Old 05-10-05, 02:44 PM

If you want to scan the document and email it to me, I can make all your fileds available for text input with Acrobat 7 Professional. You can then just take the PDF to clients on the thumb drive, fill in the blanks and print. You won't be able to save the changes/text that you input into the fields, but it's still probably easier (and more legible) than filling the fields in by hand. Let me know if you're interested.
Old 05-10-05, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by jaskes
If you want to scan the document and email it to me, I can make all your fileds available for text input with Acrobat 7 Professional. You can then just take the PDF to clients on the thumb drive, fill in the blanks and print. You won't be able to save the changes/text that you input into the fields, but it's still probably easier (and more legible) than filling the fields in by hand. Let me know if you're interested.
That would be GREAT! What format would you like it in? Can I carry it somewhere like Kinkos and have it scanned? I am without a scanner right now, but willing to buy one if need be.

Sonic
Old 05-10-05, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by The Bus
CutePDF has FormMax which is $89. I have never used it.

There's also PDF-Forms which is also a free trial and costs $29. Also, have never used it.

What about creating an Excel or Word file that will fill all that stuff in for you? Do you need it in PDF?
Thanks TB. I'll check those links out. As for MS Excel or Word, I would not know how to get the form into either. I'm willing to try if someone could assist. The reason I was wanting a pdf is so I would not have to worry about incompatability with different versions of MS Excel/Word.

Again, thanks..

Sonic