Reload this Page >

Very weird PowerDVD/wireless mouse problem

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 11-20-04, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed a new wireless optical mouse in my PC. It's the Microsoft one with the tilt wheel. Now, when I'm playing a DVD in PowerDVD, if I move the mouse the audio track changes.

Does anybody have any idea why a mouse movement is telling PowerDVD to change the audio track? This has to be the strangest problem I've ever encountered.
Old 11-22-04, 03:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That is odd. What is your PowerDVD version? This is just my guess, but it could be something to do with PowerDVD's scroll wheel function.
If this is the case, you could try updating your mouse driver, or if it didn't work, perhaps you could change the scrool wheel function on PowerDVD.
Old 11-24-04, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, I solved the problem by connecting the mouse's transmitter thing to the PS/2 port instead of USB, but I still would like to know why it was doing that.

Moving the mouse would change audio tracks no matter what I had the mouse's scroll wheel set to do, and with different mouse drivers. It's PowerDVD version 5.0 with the latest patch (the one that adds a "Mobile Power Settings" tab to configuration).