Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

DVDTalk forum image problems

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 11-17-04, 03:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Recently I've been having problems viewing images on the DVDTalk forums on an XP machine using IE6. All the images associated with the forum software is not downloading. Also the ads on DVDtalk do not download. It seems like any image at ads.kleinman.com will not download. I haven't changed any security or privacy settings so I don't know where this problem might have come from. Any help would be appreciated
Old 11-17-04, 03:32 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

you haven't been playing with your hosts file have you? or allowed some anti-spyware/adware to play with it?
Old 11-17-04, 03:45 AM

Even though I don't really understand hosts files, that was what I first thought of and have been trying to go at it from that angle.
Old 11-17-04, 03:49 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If you haven't modified the original one then that can be ruled out (i think Spybot S&D also has a tool that also blocks restricted servers).
Old 11-17-04, 04:00 AM

I guess I fixed it through Spybot by removing the offending domain from the hosts file. The weird thing is that I downloaded Spybot after the problem started and have never messed with the hosts file at all. The mysteries of windows. Anyway, thanks a lot.

Now if you could find me a super cheap ipod to buy my sister for Christmas. . .
Old 11-17-04, 04:20 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

mini; regular 4g (20GB? 40 GB?); newer photo version (40GB? 60 GB?); black U2 version; older generations?

If it's the mini, the cheapest, no hassle price (no coupons needed, no pricematching, yadda yadda) I know of right now is the mini at Amazon for $234 (free shipping and no tax...except for KS, ND, WA). *edit* forgot about additional a9 discount alsot which takes it down to about $230. *edit*

Last edited by HN; 11-17-04 at 04:25 AM.