Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Easy method of converting all Appointments marked as "private" to public in Outlook?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Easy method of converting all Appointments marked as "private" to public in Outlook?

Old 11-02-04, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All,

I am using Outlook 2000. Is there a way to convert all of my appointments marked as "Private" to public?

Right now, the only method I know of is to manually double click on each and every appointment and uncheck the private box. Is there a way to automate this? Using a 3rd party software? Using a different program?

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-06-04, 11:31 AM
toq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The easiest (and only) method I'm currently aware of is to:

1) Change the view to "By Category".
2) Make sure that "Sensitivity" is one of the columns listed. If not, right-click on the column headers and select "Field Chooser". Select "All Appointment fields" from the drop-down box and scroll to the bottom. You should find the "Sensitivity" field that you can drag to any location in the column headers.
3) Right-click the "Sensitivity" column header and choose "Group By This Field".

Now you should have two groups—Normal and Private. Just highlight and drag the appointments between the two groups as you need.

Hope this helps.