Reload this Page >

Blackberry or a Treo?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Blackberry or a Treo?

Old 10-29-04, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blackberry or a Treo?

Anyone here using a Blackberry or a Treo & care to comment on what you like and dislike them?

I'm considering going to one of them as I killed my PocketPC (iPaq) & need a replacement. My cellular provider (T-mobile) is offering me a deal on either a Blackberry 7230 or a Treo 600 and I cant decide which to go with. I do NOT want the PocketPC 2003 Phone Edition phone.

1) How is the web browser on each of these? There are times I need to get on the net for on the spot research.

2) How are the e-mail capabilities of each? I currently use hotmail and gmail. I'd like access to both if possible.

3) Does the Blackberry have voice dialing capabilities? I have a motorola cell phone and it's one of my favorite features when driving/doing other things.

I appreciate any assistance & guidance.

Sonic

Last edited by Sonicflood; 10-29-04 at 07:14 PM.
Old 10-29-04, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If you go with the Treo you should really get the 650. It has a hi res screen, backlit keyboard and fixes a lot of the shortcomings of the 600. The new version of the Blazer browser is built on the excellent NetFront engine

Last edited by darkside; 10-29-04 at 07:15 PM.
Old 10-29-04, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by darkside
If you go with the Treo you should really get the 650. It has a hi res screen, backlit keyboard and fixes a lot of the shortcomings of the 600. The new version of the Blazer browser is built on the excellent NetFront engine
I did not think that T-mobile was going to have this. I thought that only Sprint would.

Sonic
Old 10-29-04, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Sonicflood
I did not think that T-mobile was going to have this. I thought that only Sprint would.

Sonic
Yes, its apparently a Sprint exclusive at first. Didn't realize that. I use T-mobile as well and was thinking about getting a Treo 650.

Last edited by darkside; 10-29-04 at 10:33 PM.