Reload this Page >

Problems with new motherboard.

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 10-29-04, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got an Epox 8RDA3I to replace my 2 year old 8RDA+ that crapped out on me. I pulled out the old mobo and put in the new one. Hooked everything up the same way. But now after it posts it freezes on "Detecting IDE devices..." And my mother board shows a 75 which means Detecting IDE devices. I have 3 hard drives and one DVD-RW drive. It goes like this (HD3- master, DVD-slave) and (HD1-master, HD2-slave) I have my OS on HD1. I unhooked everything and only had one hard drive on one IDE cable set to master and it now says "Disk boot error" I hooked everything back up and it either freezes on "Detecting IDE devices" or it detects them and then says "Disk boot error" I checked the bios and it doesn't see any drives at all. Any ideas?
Old 10-29-04, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I t could be that the MoBo requires an alternate jumper setting on the Hard Drives for slave and master, check the website to see if there are any. Check to make sure that any Raid setting is turned off.