Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

info about a system

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

info about a system

Old 10-25-04, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
info about a system

My sister was looking into getting a comp from them they make you pay about a hundred or so dollars up front depending on the computer you want.I know she wil be paying over retail for the computer.My main concern is,is it a reputable company?How are the computersAny one here use them before and any info they might have about them.these are the specs on the computer shes looking at "Socket754 AMD Athlon 64, 800MHz FSB, ATX, VIA K8T800 + VT8237 On-board S-ATA RAID Controller Build-in VT8237 (1.5Gbps burst) with RAID 0 & RAID 1 solution
USB2.0 ports with High-Speed Device @480 Mb/s Transfer Rates Athlon64 2800+, 512MB DDR memory,nVIDIA GeForce FX5200, SATA 80G HDD (7200RPM)
plus mouse keyboard modem lan card etc no monitor.thank you for any info you may have
Old 10-25-04, 09:50 PM
X
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Since this is your first post here and I wanted to make sure it wasn't spam I removed the name of the company (which I'm pretty sure nobody here ever heard of anyway.)

You can list the price of the system and people here will be able to tell you if it's a decent deal. By the way, where are you located?
Old 10-25-04, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Uh, how can we tell you if it is a reputable company if you don't tell us who they are? How much is she paying for this system?

Sonic
Old 10-25-04, 09:58 PM
X
Administrator

Originally posted by Sonicflood
Uh, how can we tell you if it is a reputable company if you don't tell us who they are?
I kind of addressed that.
Old 10-25-04, 10:29 PM

sorry

I am in washington state.It would be right about 900 dollars.she knows shes paying more than retail but does not have great credit.i wish i could postt he name of the company other wise i am not sure how i could get some feed back on it but i understand if i can't. let me know if you need any more info thank you.
Old 10-25-04, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by X
I kind of addressed that.
I was kind of posting while you were.. I was @ work so I had several things going @ once.

Sonic
Old 10-25-04, 10:55 PM
X
Administrator

I doubt this would be any effective method to drum up any business from people here so we might as well give the company name. It's "my computer club".

You have no idea how many times we get posts from new members asking whether we've heard about so-and-so company and we find they're associated with them.