Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

downloading embedded powerpoint

Old 08-17-04, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

downloading embedded powerpoint

I have a class that does powerpoint lectures, but they are embedded in IE, without the option to download them. Does anyone know how to do this? I would provide a link, but a password is needed, etc.
Old 08-17-04, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Can you right click and use "save target as" rather than clicking on the link and triggering a browser plugin? You would save it to hard drive (be sure to know the folder or set it to where you want). Then open it from within Powerpoint.

I do this all the time for .pdf files as the browser plugin is for crap and causes machine problems.
Old 08-17-04, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That's the exact problem I'm having, you can't "save target as." When you click the link it redirects you to another page, which in turn opens the slideshow. If you try to save the link it just trys to save blahblah.htm.
Old 08-17-04, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

File>save as?

Creates a folder and the contents.

Since it is passowrd protected, i don't know if it will work

Or Maybe right click of the image and select Properties. Copy the path of the file and paste it in a new window

Last edited by 68ShelbyGT500KR; 08-17-04 at 09:48 AM.
Old 08-17-04, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It still tries to save it as an html file. I would have to go through and save each and every slide like this.
Old 08-17-04, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Xanager
It still tries to save it as an html file. I would have to go through and save each and every slide like this.
It(File Save as) will save a folder and an html file. Look inside the folder and see if the image is in there
Old 08-17-04, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The image for the slide currently displayed is in there. All the others aren't though. That's why I mentioned having to go through and do it to every slide.
Old 08-17-04, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Aw, I know what you're talking about. Just curious, are you accessing them via a blackboard site? Had one class do that, pretty annoying. Wish I asked the professor to directly link it on his website. Why not try that?

Might or might not work. Try copying the source code and pasting in word (FrontPage sometimes is better for those things) and look for .ppt then if you find an link, open it in your browser.
Old 08-17-04, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You're exactly right Ranger, I'm trying to do it by Blackboard. Well, I guess I can ask the prof to directly link. It's nice to know someone else has the same problem.