Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

microsoft access question

Old 07-29-04, 02:37 PM

microsoft access question

im trying to match one list against another in access but it keeps telling me this:

the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possibly because another user has a source table open in exclusive mode. your query will be opened in design view.

i just rebooted & got started on this quickly to minimize other things getting in the way & it still won't work. ive done this type of query before, import 2 tables, edit relationships & make query. dunno why its not working now. anyone have any clues?
Old 07-30-04, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Were both tables created on the same PC?
Old 07-30-04, 09:16 AM

one table was, the second was a spreadsheet created by someone else. the first table i had used in queries before, so im assuming it must be something wrong with the second table. but i was also able to run a query using the second table against a third table, it just won't run against the first table. i dont know what the problem is. i even tried to do everything from scratch, except recreating the data. i am suspecting the data more & more. any other suggestions?