2GB email accounts free from MSN

Old 07-22-04, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2GB email accounts free from MSN

just got this from bensbargains.net
Free 2GB E-Mail Account from MSN @msn.com
Discuss (0) Posted 12:21 AM PDT 7/22/04 by Ben

MSN now has 2GB e-mail accounts. Look for the MSN Explorer program in your start menu (little butterfly icon). You should sign up for an @msn.com e-mail account. If you don't have MSN Explorer, download it.

Process
>Start >All Programs >MSN Explorer >>No, I already have Internet Access
>No >Create a new e-mail address for me >>The End.

Result
You can then use your 2GB e-mail on the web through Hotmail, just enter your @msn.com e-mail and password. POP3 and SMTP are also provided via:

POP3: pop3.email.msn.com

SMTP: smtp.email.msn.com
Old 07-22-04, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk God

or maybe it was/is a mistake

from fatwallet.com
http://www.fatwallet.com/t/18/339950/

Okay guys. .here is what you guys have to do. DO THESE EXACTLY AS FOLLOWS OR ELSE YOU WILL NOT GET THE FREE 2GB account

GO to Start menu --> All Programs --> then click on the MSN Explorer (YOU MUST SIGN UP for a @msn.com e-mail from the MSN Explorer e-mail whether you like it or not)

Then follow the instructions to create a new account (click on I already have Internet Access )
It will proceed to ask you questions about password / secret question / demographics and once you create your username & passowrd, click on the Mail (within msn explorer NOT INTERNET EXPLORER) icon and on the left it will display 0% of 2000MB

GOOD LUCK. AND I JUST TRIED IT A FEW MINUTES AGO AND REGISTERED A FEW ACCOUNTS. LET THE GAMES BEGIN.

============================================================
the free 2gb accounts also have POP access

POP3: pop3.email.msn.com
SMTP: smtp.email.msn.com

============================================================================
Here's a way to do it without MSN Explorer

How to get an msn.com account.

Go to http://www.hotmail.com.

At the .NET Passport Sign-in box, enter anything for the email address, but make sure you add @msn.com and enter anything for the password.

You should just get an sign in error.

Click on Register with .NET Passport, if you haven't already.

Now when the sign up page has loaded up, you should see [username box]@msn.com

This does qualify as a hot deal because this is usually $20 / year!

UPDATE 1: ONLY MSN EXPLORER WAY WORKS FOR NOW

UPDATE 2: For you tech saavy people who uninstalled MSN Explorer, you can download it here http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/3000-...9.html?tag=tid *THANKS Bagger for the link*

UPDATE 3: THE POP 3 settings are currently not working. Premium members (like us) should be able to use those features soon (the account has to settle in maybe)

UPDATE 4: Little rant here: Shame on you ebayers who are selling this information that is suppose to be free!!! I'm glad it's still working though, which means more people have an opportunity to get 2gb for free

UPDATE 5: WANT TO GET GREEDY? akaricke Found a simple way to add as many 2gigs as you want.

Simply click sign out with msn explorer open and then click add new user in the upper right corner. Walks you thru the sign up again and again.

Got 2 gigs every time.

UPDATE 6: POP3 IS ALIVE AN WORKING.. well psuedo-POP3 is working: follow these instructions: Could not get POP3 working, but HTTP works in Outlook Express (much like Hotmail does)

To setup your MSN based account in Outlook XP, please follow the instructions given below:
1. Click Tools and then click E-mail Accounts.
2. Under E-mail, click Add a new e-mail account, fill in the following two dialog boxed
3. On the Server Type dialog, select HTTP. Select OTHER as the service provider.
4. Use this as the incoming mail server: http://oe.msn.msnmail.hotmail.com/cgi-bin/hmdata
5. Click Next and then click Finished.
Old 07-22-04, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just tried it the MSN Explorer way and still got the 2MB mailbox.
Old 07-22-04, 04:21 PM

Same here...this blows...could this deal be dead?