Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Internet Explorer/Outlook Express loading issue

Old 06-06-04, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Internet Explorer/Outlook Express loading issue

I'm running XP, and since yesterday, whenever I open either IE or OE it takes anywhere from 30 seconds or longer for it to load up. Afterwards the programs work fine.

It first started trying to load Kazaa K++, but when I ended the task, everything was alright. I promptly uninstalled Kazaa after having it since buying the machine last December.

When these programs are loading, they hog up system resources to the point of freezing the entire system for several seconds. Even hitting alt ctrl del takes a while to show up to see what is running on the machine.

My friend installed AOL 9.0 and it rebooted my system twice after install and I uninstalled it, and I think it has something to do with it.

Any advice, and sorry for the long story.
Old 06-06-04, 11:12 PM

Did you scan your computer for any spyware? They are known to slow the machine significantly. I'd also update whatever security patches there are for Windows XP. They can be found on the microsoft website.