Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

ATI 9600 and Splinter Cell 2, still lagging...

Old 05-28-04, 12:27 PM

ATI 9600 and Splinter Cell 2, still lagging...

So I've been playing Splinter Cell PT for a while now with a vew ATI Radeon 9600 that I've purchased about 3 weeks ago. Things were fine in the beginning, everything was smooth and beautiful, just like I wanted. Then in the last week or so, I started to feel that the game had slowed down and starting to lag behind the mouse. I had to low my vieo card configuration from medium to high. I didn't want to go to 800x600, but I think I don't have a choice.

So my question is, did I do something wrong or is there something with my computer? My other games work fine so far, even NFS Underground works OK.
Old 05-28-04, 02:35 PM

Try turning down your AA/AF before lowering your resolution. I don't have SC:PT, so I don't know if this is in the game or if you have to use the 3D tab in the ATI control panel. Also, if there's an option to simplify/turn off character shadows, try that. That usually has a big effect.