Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

AOL Communicator exporting to Eudora?

Old 05-24-04, 12:29 PM

AOL Communicator exporting to Eudora?

Ok I used to use Aol Communicator (yes AOL does suck I know this) but then Aol opened their mail to stmp so I got Eudora and it works pretty good but I have to manually purge e-mail after I delete it (which sucks but I can deal). The problem is that I can't export my mail folders and my address book to Eudora. I can export my address book out of communicator as an .ldif file but the only way to export the folders is by txt. I can't get Eudora to even import the .ldif file. I go to the import and the only type of program that has an .ldif file type is netscape communicator and I select the file and the other option is a pref js file which I don't have from AOL communicator, so I leave it blank and hit next import but nothing gets imported!!! How can I at least get my address book and at most both????? Please help searched google forever and nothing.
Old 05-24-04, 01:11 PM

Yeah, I hate that show too.
Old 05-24-04, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by gettinbranded
Yeah, I hate that show too.
Old 05-24-04, 11:50 PM

ooopps thought it was in tech, I post another one and it is in tech not sure what happened