Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

help with some autoplay stuff please

Old 05-06-04, 12:01 AM

help with some autoplay stuff please

earlier this one dude wanted to know how to turn autoplay off but id like to know the opposite. i used to be able to put in a blank cd or hook up my digi cam to the computer then this little window would pop up asking what action i would like to take. for some reason this doesnt pop up anymore. also cds dont automatically run when i put them in. i have to go to my computer and start it myself. im thinking maybe someone used my comp and picked "take no action" from the list then selected "never show this again". is there anyway i can bring the window back? thanks.
Old 05-06-04, 12:07 AM

Go to "My Computer", right-click on the drive in question, the choose the "AutoPlay" tab. You will be able to change the action to "Prompt me each time to choose an action" (which should get you back to where you want to be).
Old 05-06-04, 12:24 AM

yeah ive already done this and everything looks fine but things still wont start up.