Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Hotmail SMTP servers down?

Old 04-29-04, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Hotmail SMTP servers down?

Glancing at my gateway logs this morning I noticed traffic bound for Hotmail was getting bounced with the good ole 450 Host Down. I checked and was able to log in to my various Hotmail accounts, so the web servers and databases are up. I then sent email to my accounts from work, Comcast, and Yahoo accounts. Nothing. Anybody else seeing the same?

Nevermind, it seems it was a problem at Hotmail, and they have now fixed it.
Old 04-29-04, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My parents use hotmail via their web browser, and they were complaining about how slow hotmail has been in sending/receiving e-mail. Seems have have been like this for a couple of weeks. I told them to just use their charter ISP email now on, has anybody noticed a slowdown in service? I'm asking because I don't use hotmail that often.
Old 04-29-04, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have various POP3 accounts forwarding to my hotmail for aggregated reading, and lately more and more of them aren't making it.
Old 04-29-04, 11:36 PM

I've been having a lot of my emails that are sent to accounts other than hotmail delayed by a couple days. I'll send the email, and everything goes through just fine, but then a day or two later i'll receive an email saying that its delivery was delayed. It's really starting to piss me off that my emails aren't reaching people for 2-3 days after I send it.