Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Is there good picture download software?

Old 04-22-04, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Is there good picture download software?

I have to save a number of pictures off of my local MLS to my computer. I can get them to display all the pictures I need on one page, and so I right click, save as, right click, save as, etc. But that is a pain in the arse.

Is there some program where I can save all pics on a page easily? I am sure this will have a side affect of saving logos, etc. that I don't need, but those are probably easier to delete than the way I currently do it.
Old 04-22-04, 04:21 PM

If it's on a web server, check out quadsucker
Old 04-22-04, 04:21 PM

If it's on a web server, check out quadsucker.

I use it to download entire web sites, for archiving.
Old 04-22-04, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Thanks, I will try it out.
Old 04-22-04, 04:44 PM
toq

You might also want to check out Mihov Picture Downloader which was made specifically for this purpose.

Good luck.
Old 04-22-04, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Mihov never seemed to download anything.

Quadsucker looks good, but it keeps downloading EVERYTHING, including text, html, etc. I have gone into the setting and told it just to download .jpg over 20k in size, but it doesn't seem to want to listen.

Any quick hints?
Old 04-22-04, 05:05 PM
toq

Originally posted by kvrdave
Mihov never seemed to download anything.
Just curious. What exactly do you mean by this? When you click on "Save pictures", is nothing happening at all? The folder that you specified in the Settings tab doesn't have any of the images you saved?
Old 04-22-04, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk God

I get this
Host found.
Connected successfuly.
Connection closed.
--- Page loaded.
Connection closed.
Connection closed.
Even though no pictures are loaded in the display bar, and I am looking at pictures on the screen. Any ideas?
Old 04-22-04, 05:25 PM
toq

I believe you have to select (or highlight) the pictures that you want to download and then hit the "Save pictures" button. It should start downloading each image separately in order and place them in your designated folder.
Old 04-22-04, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Then I haven't really saved any time, though, since I still have to highlight each one. I thought it would tell me all the pictures on the page, then I would select the ones I want, but it doesn't put anything in the select box.
Old 04-22-04, 06:40 PM
toq

Originally posted by kvrdave
Then I haven't really saved any time, though, since I still have to highlight each one. I thought it would tell me all the pictures on the page, then I would select the ones I want, but it doesn't put anything in the select box.
I guess I'm a little confused here. I had assumed to some degree that you knew which images you wanted to save. You just didn't want to perform a "Save As" for each image that you wanted.

This software displays all of the images on a designated web page where you can simply select some (or all) of the images to download. From there, they are all dumped into a specified folder. You could follow your own suggestion—as specified in your original message—and select all of them to be saved. From there, you should be able to browse and delete any of the extraneous images that you have no use for.

Am I missing something here?
Old 04-22-04, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Actually, the quadsucker is more what I am looking for. Download all the pictures on the page without me selecting anything. Now, I just need to get it to recognize the parameters I set.