Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

video problem

Old 02-04-04, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
video problem

Hopefully someone out there can help me:

I already have FFDSHOW on my PC and I can play all divx, xvid, or any other formats using AVI. Problem is, during playback in windows media player, I can see this zigzag lines during fast action films. If it's just a static-like scene like conversation, video looks ok. but when they start moving, for example moving across the room, it's like the screen is being ripped into 2 sections with those zigzag/jagged lines and they span diagonally in the screen. It's just so annoying to watch a movie with those zig zag lines. Though files with mpg extension play alright and no problems at all.

Here's the thing that make me scratch my head. If I play those AVI files inside Media Center, It would play just fine, without the zigzag lines. Strange!

PC spec:

P4 2.4 Ghz
512 MB RAM
120 GB HD [70 GB remaining]
Nvidia GeForce 5200 FX
Media Center 2004

Please help me figure this out. It's driving me nuts as I have updated all the drivers and codecs.