Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Any here using Soltek SL-75MRN-L with Mandrake 9.2?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 02-03-04, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having problems getting Mandrake 9.2 to recognize the integrated NIC on the Soltek motherboard. When I go through the setup, it does come up with Nvidia integrated network interface, I click on next to continue setup but it comes back to the initial network screen asking what I want to setup. I went through it around 25 times but it never goes on with the installation! I went in drake to try to do it manually but it won't work there either, the card appears to detect properly but clicking on configure opens me this stupid window again asking what type of network connection I want and again I go through it over and over where it loops without showing an error message or if it does, it goes too fast to see it.

Any ideas, advice or fixes?
Old 02-03-04, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right, right, I had forgotten but the original Nforce 2 drivers SUCK on Linux...

Now, bear with me, im still utterly incompetent with Linux, if I download the rpm , can I double click on it and it will install or should I go through a terminal to do it? The latest driver says Mandrake 9.1 but I'm thinking it'll work on 9.2