Reload this Page >

Cheap PCI video card?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Cheap PCI video card?

Old 01-31-04, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheap PCI video card?

I was wondering if anyone knew where to get a cheap pci video card. I want to have the dual monitor set up in Xp and just want a cheap pci card for viewing webpages and such...Thanks.
Old 01-31-04, 10:55 PM
Suspended

Well, you can always go ebay. If you want something safer, check newegg.com, and its refurbish section. Lots of good stuff in there, but you'll have to get in quick 'cause everyone's looking for refurb these days. What price range are you looking at?
Old 02-01-04, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have a nVidia GForce 440 64 mb card that is used. I replaced it with a 256mb Radeon 9600 Pro.

If you want it email me and I'll get it to you super cheap. Like $15 shipped.

email me at [email protected] if you want it.

Worked fine for me. I needed a better card for gaming. I just don't have the drivers as they are on my Dell CD that I need to keep. I'm sure you can d/l them on the nVidia site though.

edit: Computer newbie here...I don't know if this is the type of card you're looking for, ignore this post if its not

Last edited by FiveO; 02-01-04 at 09:25 AM.
Old 02-01-04, 03:14 PM
Suspended

I hope you're not selling him an AGP card. There's only 1 AGP slot on the mobo and if your GF440 came out of that slot then no it's not what he's looking for. He's looking for the type that goes into one of the 3-5 PCI slots next to the AGP port.

Last edited by FuzzyBallz; 02-01-04 at 08:22 PM.
Old 02-01-04, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by FuzzyBallz
I hope you're selling him an AGP card. There's only 1 AGP slot on the mobo and if your GF440 came out of that slot then no it's not what he's looking for. He's looking for the type that goes into one of the 3-5 PCI slots next to the AGP port.

Gotcha.

Just making an offer. Wasn't sure on the nomenclature of what he was looking for...like I said...newbie
Old 02-02-04, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah I'm gonna check newegg.com I was looking to spend maybe in the 30 buck range. I think five-o's is probably a AGP card, thanks for the offer though.