Reload this Page >

Internet pet-peeve: non-underlined hyperlinks

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 01-28-04, 11:08 PM
Mod Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boy it seems like almost every they use non-underlined hyper links. Just seems like a big usability "don't make me think" error. I spent 5 minutes making a table in MySQL admin and clicked on text somewhat accidently but it wasn't underlined so I didn't think about it. Lost the entire table before I could save it.

Hyperlinks should be underlined! Your page doesn't look that much worse with underlined hyperlinks!!!
Old 01-29-04, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This is a pet peeve of mine, too. And, actually, we have an instance of that on DVD Talk. If you reply to a thread with more than 25 posts, the bottom of the reply page reads: "This thread has more than 25 posts. Click here to review the thread." - only the "here" isn't underlined or delineated in any way, so I always have to hunt and peck for it.

- David Stein
Old 01-29-04, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Underlines are nice and all - but I can see how you wouldn't use them all the time. The text should at very least be a different color, and maybe bold. But not always underlined.
Old 01-29-04, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Seriously it's annoying when the link and font color are the same w/ no underline. If the link is another color or font size, then I don't mind there not being an underline.
Old 01-29-04, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My favorite is when you're reading an article and some words are bolded and blue or underlined and blue, so you click on them, only to discover they aren't hyperlinks! ARGH