Reload this Page >

Anyone sell their used printer cartridges

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 01-28-04, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After seeing a bin at Staples to recycle toner and ink cartridges, and various places that have fund raisers doing this I wondered if anyone here has sold any of their old toners or ink cartridges. I found a couple of places on line, but they offer anywhere from $0.10-$1.50 for ink cartridges and $0.50-$18.00 (most in the $1-$3 range) for toner cartridges.

So has anyone? And where? Is local better?
Old 11-06-09, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Anyone sell their used printer cartridges

Does anyone know of a local place that buys toner or inkjet carts in Southern California?
Old 11-10-09, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just go to Office Depot (or is it Max?) and get the option of $3 or a free ream of paper.
Old 11-16-09, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The thing about selling to Staples or OD is that they give you $3 coupons that can not be combined. That sucks.
Old 11-16-09, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Aphex Twin View Post
The thing about selling to Staples or OD is that they give you $3 coupons that can not be combined. That sucks.
Not true in my experience. Staples can be combined. I've done it. No issues. I've even used more than one cert at a time, and in combo with Office Depot coupons which my Staples also accepts. They send you reward certificates now, for the cartridges you've submitted during the month. If you turn in 5 during the month, you get a $15 cert, and I've been definitely been able to combine more than one cert as well as a coupon on a single purchase. Its no longer a coupon they give you immediately. Its more like Best Buy's Reward Zone certs.

Last edited by sniper308; 11-16-09 at 08:20 PM.
Old 11-20-09, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by sniper308 View Post
Not true in my experience. Staples can be combined. I've done it. No issues. I've even used more than one cert at a time, and in combo with Office Depot coupons which my Staples also accepts. They send you reward certificates now, for the cartridges you've submitted during the month. If you turn in 5 during the month, you get a $15 cert, and I've been definitely been able to combine more than one cert as well as a coupon on a single purchase. Its no longer a coupon they give you immediately. Its more like Best Buy's Reward Zone certs.
Thanks for the info. I guess they changed it since I've recycled last. I brought in 10 carts the other day and it shows up in my estatement. So I guess I just wait until they mail the certificate, right?