Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Hiding Wires

Old 01-16-04, 09:37 AM
BBJ
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hiding Wires

I am in the process of buying a new PC and am going to network it to my old one. Even if I go with a wireless network, I still have a ton of cables and wires. Any tips or tricks on how to organize them all or hide them?
Old 01-16-04, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
zip ties cut down on the clutter. instead of 10 stray wires going this way and that you have 1 bunch of wires neatly tied together.
Old 01-16-04, 10:55 AM
BBJ
Cool New Member

Good idea. Am I crazy, or did I see once they had an automated zip tie thing that cut them to a custom lenght?
Old 01-16-04, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
I did this with my stereo/tv/surround/gamecube/xbox/vcr/dvd player setup. Looked real nice. Then I had to unhook and move something and it was a bitch getting all the zip ties off. Neeless to say I have been too lazy to re-do the whole thing.
Old 01-16-04, 01:08 PM

your right...lets spend money an yet another tool that performs the same function a pair of scissors will perform.

anyways i use those velcroe ties that you can get at comp usa and the like.... they work great...easy to get off too..
Old 01-16-04, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Or you can get spiral wire loom. Or regular wire loom. Both can be found at auto stores like autozone. Walmart probably has it too.