Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Oh no. hd help!

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Oh no. hd help!

Old 01-15-04, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh no. hd help!

I just got a new 160GB Seagate HD yesterday and spent all day setting it up. I partitioned it 4 ways and installed 2 copies of XP on my original HD. Well today i was re-installing some games and what not. I restarted, and the partitioned HD(the new one) all the partitions were erased. I checked in disk management and it appeared as after i just had formatted it. So I think i lost everything. All 20GB of mp3s, 20GB of movies, etc. EVERYTHING! Does anyone know WTF happened? I'm extremely pissed at this and need to know if theres any way to retrieve some of this stuff?
Old 01-15-04, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You may have just lost your partition information and not all the data.

If you can put this drive in another machine as a secondary drive, get this software http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm and load it on the primary boot drive, then put your drive in as a secondary drive and see if it will recover the data for you.

This is about the only FREE solution. If you want to spend money there are many others.