Reload this Page >

Getting pop ups in Yahoo?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 01-14-04, 11:49 PM
Premium Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have run the latest Ad-aware and found alot of trash. I deleted it all but I am still getting crap popups

Any advice how to fix it?
Old 01-15-04, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Get the Google Toolbar. It'll block most popups and you get the added benefit of having a Google search always on your screen.
Old 01-15-04, 01:48 AM
Suspended

Last time I checked, Google Toolbar comes w/ spyware too. If you want that google search bar, there's always firebird.
Old 01-15-04, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Google Toolbar does not come with spyware. There are options to turn on additional features that Google plainly warns you about - letting you know that information must be sent back to Google to provide those additional features. I loved Google Toolbar and if you don't turn on those features, you shouldn't have any problems - and if you install Google Toolbar, you are warned/reminded/told many times that you don't need to enable those features.

So if you're going to be using IE, get the Google toolbar.

If you are up for switching browsers, go with Firebird - it's what I use and has built-in pop-up blocking (though you can allow pop ups on sites you want - like this one - which requires you to allow the pop ups).