Reload this Page >

Dell Dimension 2400...how are they?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 01-12-04, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My budget is kind of low, and I need to buy a new computer for school. Right now, I'm using an old computer (1998) and it's never had an upgrade, so I was thinking about buying the Dell Dimension 2400. Does anyone have any experience with these? Are they good computers? Thanks.
Old 01-12-04, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

A ton of people have asked this and the usual reply is:

"They're the most basic computers you can buy. Good for web surfing and word processing, not so good for games and graphics. Also, they are not very upgradable if you ever want to go that route"
Old 01-12-04, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

they're decent computers who look for the cheapest computer possible thing out there. like namrufmot said, it's for the most basic stuff.
Old 01-12-04, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Truthfully, you can build a much better and more upgradeable PC for $400 than Dell will ever give you...
Old 01-13-04, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love Dell. Now, I don't know that much about the 2400...but...

2 years ago I got each of my kids Dell desktops. When out of town my wife had a problem with one. She called Dell who walked thru to fix even though it was outside the 1 warrenty. It was a simple thing, but still.

Earlier this year I bought myself a 600m at a smoking deal (basically 2 15% coupons and a couple of free upgrades), Ordered an received in 6 days with free shipping.

A week before christmas I ordered a Olympus Stylus 400 and a case (this time when they had 10% off plus a coupon), I never expected to get it before christmas (I ordered like on the 20th). The case was backordered so I figured it would be several weeks but they shipped the camera out the same day, then 2 days later shipped the case OVERNIGHT so ended up getting both on the 24th even tho I had selected free standard shipping.