Reload this Page >

When will T-mobile offer the Treo 600?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 01-11-04, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I REALLY would like to have this phone/pda and it seems like T-mobile is the only provider not offering it. They only have the older Treo 270 model. A call to customer service yields no info. The idiots in the local T-mobile store don't even know what the Treo is, so they are of no help either.

I have been VERY happy with my T-mobile service and wish to stay with them.

Anyone have any knowledge as to when they plan to offer this phone/pda?

Thanks for any info!

Sonicflood
Old 01-11-04, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I too love T-Mobile in my area - since it's not out by T-Mobile you can buy an unlocked one on eBay and swap your sim card. I'd suggest going to www.howardforums.com for more cell phone questions
Old 01-11-04, 04:18 PM

Having got this phone through AT&T almost a month ago and having been able to play around with this phone a bit, I must say I'm not that impressed so far. Granted, it is nice to have a palm and phone all-in-one, but the phone itself isn't that great. Now granted, I'm sure some of the poor reception is from the newer GSM network that AT&T is setting up, but even so, it has been my impression that these multiple use devices are great for portability, but can sometimes skimp on overall quality. Personally, I'm going to ask for a new GSM only phone and see how it works and see if it is the phone or the network or a combination of both.
Old 01-11-04, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Thank you both for replying!

A few questions:

TommyBoy29 - How is the battery life on your Treo? Are the ringtones easily customizable? If so, are they MIDI or Polyphonic?

MitzEclipse - I'm worried about buying a phone on eBay. If I do go this route and have the phone unlocked, do I just put my SIM card in and that's it?

Again, thanks!

Sonicflood
Old 01-11-04, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sonicflood - yes, that's literally all you do. No need to call and notifiy T-Mobile that you are using a new phone.