Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Im ready

Old 01-07-04, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im ready

Well I think im just about ready to start buying the hardware to build my computer for the first time. Im pretty good with all the makes and brands. Could I get some help on choosing a CASE. MOBO, and CPU. Im looking to build a Intell P-4 system. Im leaning towards the 2.6c No clue on the case or mobo????? Any suggestions?
Old 01-07-04, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hi Spongebob

I prefer Antec/Chieftec case line myself. You'll need to ask yourself how many drive bay's you need, what color, front usb?, silent?, etc...

For motherboards you usaully can't go wrong with Abit but it depends if you need RAID, onboard sound, etc.

Browse around http://www.newegg.com since they have pretty good pictures to window shop (and nice prices).

I've been through quite a few cases but i'm really liking the Antec Sonata silent series i'm modding currently

Last edited by cubanx; 01-07-04 at 09:44 PM.
Old 01-08-04, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Im ready

Originally posted by sniper78
Any suggestions?
First off, welcome to the forum!

I can't help you with your specific question, but my suggestion would be to have more descriptive thread titles. There are a lot ofpeople who might be able to help you who won't even bother opening a thread with a vague title like "Im ready".